16 April 2007

Baby Picture


In all the excitement of starting a blog, I nearly forgot the man of the hour. This is our first glimpse of Trent. Although the ultrasound was done at 19 weeks, it is pretty clear and truly amazing.
Scott had the best reaction. He just kept repeating, "Wow!" We were in awe of our little son. Some days his arrival is more real than ever, but for the most part things haven't changed all that much yet.
Uncertainty is the biggest issue right now. Everything is so new and strange. I just try hard to remember that we are all going through changes. Scott, Trent, our parents...its comforting to have all that support.
I would imagine tomorrow's blog will be about the Dr visit we have today. What a wonderful reassurance it is to hear his heartbeat and know he is doing well. I love visiting the Dr. For at least the next two weeks or so I will be completely at ease. Grandpop Slate is going to hear him for the first time at the appointment. Can't wait to hear what my dad says!