
Sometimes I feel so guilty when he falls asleep in his chair. As of late, not so much. As soon as my dad leaves the house he is super tired and fights a late afternoon nap. I think he realizes his daddy is coming home soon and I will be wheeling him around the kitchen as I cook dinner. He wouldn't want to miss all the action.
Wheeling him around in his high chair is my way of spending time with him. I am starting to be extremely sad about the little amount of time I actually get with him. When I do get home at four or a little there after, it is time to cook dinner, feed him, give him a bath, and put him to bed. Even on weekends there are so many things going on and people to see that we rarely get to just spend time with him.
I combat this lack of time by putting him right next to me while I cook. Because he is so curious and amazing, he loves to look at everything I am doing and play with the little things I put on his tray. Lately, he has been falling asleep right when everything goes into the oven. His little eyes must be tired from all that learning and looking.
Maybe this is something he will remember. Like, even though I am unable to stay home with him and get some real one on one with him, he will know-somehow- this was my way of including him. I miss him.