14 May 2008

My First Mother's Day


Mother's day was great. My mom offered to take everyone at her house for lunch and fun so that I wouldn't have to cook. It was such a lovely afternoon. I found myself to be quite sentimental.
Before I had Trent I remember hoping I would be a good mom. I went to bed praying Trent would have a fantastic life and everything he ever wished for. I remember getting nervous about whether or not I would have enough love and time and effort and knowledge and...all the things every mom hopes for. Sunday, I thought about all that and more.
As I took these pictures, I kept telling myself to remember the day, that he would never be this little again, and that I would never get moments like these again.
Quiet smiles and eager crawling.
Breezes blowing through his little white hair.
Tiny polo shirts and sneakers.
Tight embraces and needy hands.
Messy faces.
Quick breaths of excitment.
Tears of frustration.
Pure joy and loud laughter.
I am a happy proud mom. Now I know, I have more love than I ever imagined I would and Trent is more amazing than I ever thought he'd be.