08 August 2010

Three!

It has been a month~ we have had fun trips with friends, a birthday party or two, lots of music classes, and some great memories. In all the time I have loved being home with Trent for the summer, I have neglected the blog.


I think I have been avoiding this post because I knew how emotional I would be while writing it. This is not an emotional post. Don't worry. However, a dear friend at a shower tonight, reminded me that I had not updated in quite some time and I knew I had to get right to it.

Trent is 3. Saying it amazes me completely. Some friends have said that 3 is worse than 2, but for some reason, I find myself able to enjoy him more now that he is 3. He is the most polite, energetic, happy, and loving child I know. I suppose all mothers believe that of their children, but I promise...he really is. Here is my list of memories and milestones:

  1. Every morning Trent wakes up and smiles immediately upon seeing me. He says, " Good morning, Mommy!"
  2. I love looking in the rear view mirror while driving and seeing him laugh and talk to me and his surroundings. What he loves? He loves when I say, " I see you!" His giggles fill the car and I can't help but laugh too.
  3. When The Wiggles come on TV while he is eating breakfast, he throws himself out of the chair, puts his Crocs on, and stands in front of the TV and dances hard for the two minutes they are on.
  4. Trent really took to Music Together and knows all the songs by heart. As a family we used to sing the songs in the car, but now Trent doesn't like to hear us sing. He ends up kicking the seat and telling Scott and I to stop.
  5. He is talking so much now and he loves talking on the phone or asking to see people by saying things like, " I will talka to ( insert name of person) today?" " I want to see Lauren and Leah!" " I want to go see girls please. I see their bellies." Nice...Daddy is proud. Other favorites include, " Hi, Miss Tina, we sing together?"
  6. His crib is now a day bed type thing and he is still a little unsure when he goes to bed. He asks us to be in the room as he falls asleep, but the question is funny, " Mommy lay for you?"
  7. Trent's favorite popsicle is the Bomb Pop from the ice cream truck. We don't get it from the truck, but I buy it as a Firecracker in the grocery store. Trent calls them, "Reda, whitea, blue."
  8. For breakfast he enjoys eating, " A nice waffle."
  9. Lately, he has been snuggling. The other day while he was playing in the yard he came over and snuggled in my arms. We sat quietly and hugged. Those were the best five minutes I have spent in quite some time.
  10. Trent still loves letters and numbers. He is able to point out street names, tell us his birthday, and spell just about anything we ask him to.
  11. His favorite toy is his pillow pet that he named, Rex. He loves the commercial and knows all the words. His other commercial favs include, 1800mylemon, and Geico commercials.
  12. Chickfila is his favorite thing to eat, but McDonalds comes a very close second.
  13. Trent loves to eat nuggets, mac and cheese, yogurt, juice, and ABC pasta. Oddly enough, he also enjoys salad with ranch dressing.
  14. When he wants to wrestle with Scott he screams, " I'm gonna wrestle you!"
  15. We are working on potty training right now and he is trying super hard to impress us.
In the end, my list seems like it doesn't do my little man justice. I am in awe of his sensitivity, kindness and intelligence. He wants to hug all the kids that come to the house or the playground. Words are unable to describe the pride I feel as I watch him sing and dance around the house, learn new words, and interact with other kids. Trent brings me such joy. My favorite moments are his kisses and giggles and watching him discover the world. I am honored to be his mom. I have a feeling 3 will be my favorite age..just like 1 and 2 have been! Tons of updates coming.