24 March 2011

Goings on

The weather is warming up and Trent loves being outside. We take walks all the time and my dad says that's what he likes to do during the day as well. I am amazed by Trent's sensitivity and awareness to his surroundings. He has a fantastic way of noticing everything and understanding how things work- quite mature.
On the walk pictured above, we slowly meandered around the block while we looked and talked about each detail. At a house around the corner from us, the kids painted rocks and placed around the mailbox. Immediately, Trent showed me the different pictures on the rocks and told me about the colors. When he wanted to move on, I anticipated that he would be upset if he had to put the rocks back. Instead, without my prompting, he placed them neatly where they were and made sure everything was back the way he found it. I was impressed to say the least. Is it because my middle schoolers take and grab anything they find and keep it for themselves? Maybe. But, Trent, didn't. For some reason, I am proud of that about him. His sense of justice is first rate.
I took the picture of our shadows since I am really valuing the time we are spending together-just us. I know I will be happy when the new baby comes, but I am thankful for all the little moments with my Trent- just him.