05 April 2011

Maternity Leave

From the Principal's Bulletin at school...cute!


Another Greyhound Puppy

We wish Courtney McNeely well as she begins her maternity leave today. Certainly an exciting time awaits the McNeely family as Trent becomes a big brother! In Mrs. McNeely’s place, a familiar face,Catherine Badolato, joins Team Discover as their Elements of Writing teacher for the balance of the school year.


Sad to leave my kids, but really happy to leave them with such a great lady. Really, I should probably explain my sub to you. At first, I was super sad because she was young and pretty and fun...all the things I TOTALLY am not right now. The kids were really excited when she made her first visit back in February. It only took one day for us to be fast friends. Cat is so ready to do this interim position. She is wonderful with the students and to me.

Now, after Cat being with me and the kids off and on for two months, the transition on Friday seemed very smooth. I feared the day I left them, but this could not be a better situation. I only teared up once. Better still?

She loves Trent and reads the blog. Who could ask for more?

The kids threw about one million fifty two parties for me before I left...and they wrote some messages on the board. Love those silly teenagers of mine...maximize the pictures...some of the messages are funny.