31 May 2011

This Kid Can CRY

I don't think I even heard Trent cry until he was about a year old, but Cole really has some pipes on him. He came out screaming pretty loud, so I had an idea we were in for some loud cries. Right around week two, Cole started to really struggle. He is gaining weight nicely, but he has difficulty with gas and colic. When I took him to the doctor he told me that all babies struggle that way at first. Well, I have seen babies and none of them are in this kind of pain all the time. Poor Cole, I feel like I am poisoning him when he eats. I can hear the milk hitting his little tummy and it sounds awful. He cries and sweats and screams. It is unbearable to watch.

I took the picture above during his 8 pm screaming fit. I thought it might help me step out of the situation a bit before I started to cry too. I know about Colic and I know about a lot of stuff that happens with babies, but I really wish my doctor could see him try to rest and not be able to, or eat and immediately turn bright purple because his stomach is so tight. I am hopeful that I will be heard at his one month appointment. I have tried everything and now I am just angry that he has to feel so yucky. Poor Cole.

His stats at 2.5 weeks were:
Head 75%
Weight: 9.6 lbs ( up two lbs from leaving the hospital)
Hair: still blondeish reddish like
Smile: adorable
Face: perfect

Here's hoping he grows out of this quickly.