09 September 2011

Four Month Update

This is the email I received at work from my awesome Dad! He took Cole to his four month visit and here was the result:

I changed Cole's diaper just before we left for the doctor. While changing him he peed on his outfit and all over my shirt. Trent and I changed him and cleaned him up and off we went in the pouring rain. Trent sang the wipers on the bus went... all the way to the doctors.

Cole had a successful visit at the doctor's office. He weighed in at 19.6 pounds. He is 26 and one inches long. His head is 44 and a quarter cms. His height is in the 97 percentile. His head is in the 90th percentile. His growth charts puts him in the perfection category. The nurse practitioner indicated he was an especially happy and contented baby. She was pleased that he is pushing himself up and expects he will roll over in front of others, besides his Dad, soon. She was pleased that he is starting to put weight on his feet when he stands. She said Cole was developing in every category especially well. She looked at his ears - they were "perfectly clear." His chest was clear. Cole was inspected top to bottom, carefully and thoroughly. Cole is now ready to start rice cereal.

Cole received his shots with more surprise then discomfort. Between the shots he called out "Momma" two different times. The nurse practitioner said, "Did I just hear Cole say Momma?" I'm not kidding.

Trent was a great helper. He took his guitar and microphone and entertained us while we were in the waiting room.

Cole is resting and Trent is playing with his truck.