18 December 2007

Granny

I miss my Granny every day. I miss her so much lately that when I talk about her I actually cry. Just the other day I was changing Trent and thinking about how she would kiss him, and hug him, and hold him and tell him stories. I am crying while I write this.....One of the times my Granny went to the hospital, I gave her a little dog so that she would not miss her dog Cody who had to stay home. From that time on, Granny took that dog to each hospital visit. I was lucky enough to have it when she passed. Many people don't know that I found out about Trent only a short while after Granny died. In fact, the dates the doctor gave us about conception were matched up with when she passed. My Granny took care of me. She knew how much I wanted Trent to come and gave me the greatest gift I could ever ask for. Christmas time is tough for me. She used to wear her little Christmas outfits to our house and be so excited to give us all gifts and go to church. I guess I just think about her more at this time of year.


This is all leading to the picture below. When we set up Trent's crib before he was born, I put Granny's dog in there so she could watch over him. He just recently started to notice it and play with it. The first time was around two in the morning, last Wednesday, when Trent had an accident in his crib. I gave him the dog to play with while I changed the sheets. I had never seen him hug or cuddle with anything until that early morning (yes, I ran for the camera).Granny loved to be hugged and kissed so I am sure she is happy to get little kisses from our little man....