Wednesday started out the same as the other days. Checking out the view on the deck and eating breakfast quietly.
After breakfast, we went to see Patrick and Taryn's house. They purchased Great Granddaddy's house about a week ago. They are working on fixing up, but were able to give us a tour for a bit. This part of the trip was really interesting. I saw a great deal of McNeely history. Here, Mimi tests the old swing.
I grabbed a picture of all the McNeely men present. Patrick's parents, Uncle Rob and Aunt Donna joined in the family fun. Scott and I were happy to see them again. We hadn't since the wedding. Uncle Rob is all the way on the left and waving in the other picture.
Coolest thing: the mailbox still had Great Granddaddy's name on it.
We let Patrick and Rob get back to work while we visited the family's land. Mimi wanted to stand in the center for perspective.
Now, don't think I am weird. We went to the church where all the McNeely's are buried and were Patrick and Taryn were married. The family history there was amazing to me. Scott and I agreed that I would not take pictures, but he actually thought these were worth shooting. On the left, Scott's Grandparent's tombstone. It didn't have birth dates, rather, their anniversary. How precious. On the right, Great Granddaddy's stone. Born: 1895. His house was the one above.