03 October 2008

Pride

Scott set a goal to run the Philadelphia Distance Run way back in July. It took dedication on his part to say the least. Trent and I were more than proud of him. I took many pictures of the big day. Denise was kind enough to come with us to cheer on both Scott and our friend April.

The thing that strikes me the most about the day is just how proud I was to watch Scott run by. Surrounded by 15,700 other people who had also set a goal, he ran alone and accomplished the longest run for him. His time was great too. Of course, I cried because I was so very proud. As Denise put it, "Congrats, Scott, for finishing something I never could have started."


Check out those blisters....eww...
Trent waited patiently for his daddy to finish....My parents put a sign in the driveway for Scott...