I feel as though I have cheated everyone in getting to know my little Cole James. He is bright, energetic (that is the nice way of saying ornery) and talkative. I think the most surprising part of getting to know Cole, myself, is that he is a "typical" talker. Since Trent has been classified with processing and communication delays ( we will get to that), I am more aware of Cole's communication patterns. I would classify Cole as a " Non Stop Communicator." Cole has challenged Trent to be an example and he rising to the task. Not only has Trent been talking more and working hard, he really excels in school and socially. Honestly, this is one of the first times I can share with you that I am not worried about Trent's communicative skills and I am even less concerned about him academically and socially.
I don't exactly know where to begin the picture montage that should be this post. Looks like my last post was on Dec 8th. Yikers, we have Christmas, New Years, Valentine's Day, and Easter to get through. Let's begin with now. Yes, that works for me.
The big news around here is Trent's hospitalization. He had that insane stomach bug for four days! On the fourth day, I took him to the ER and they admitted him. I was so proud of how brave he was and completely relieved when they were giving him fluids.I was so worried about him while he was home. With professionals getting him well, I was able to just hug and kiss him and make sure he felt safe.
When he returned, he was still pretty weak. But, as you can see, his brother was super excited to hold his hand and nurse him back to health. Cole took advantage of the distraction and stole some Oreos to snack on for a bit.
Well, that is it for this post. I will share some awesomeness soon.
I hope you will hold me to it :)