Well, here I come with more excuses. Honestly, I planned on sitting down long ago to write about all the goings on here in this mad house, but here we are, right? Things are hectic, but I think I just stopped wanting to take away from the time I have with the kids to blog. I did feel like something was missing though. Tonight, Trent had a mustache sandwich for dinner. He said, " Mom, its like my party!" Scott's answer is what really got me typing :"Yeah, that's the last blog entry on your blog, too, Bud." How sad. hence, my 12 days of blogging. See how many I can do...My pics are all over the place and my dates probably won't post in order, but I am going for it.
Let's start with Trent's first day of Kindergarten, shall we? What a day. I haven't shared much about Trent's progress in school, so this might be the time to go for. Trent was identified to have a communication impairment in August of this year. He was tested in June, so this afforded me the option of getting him help before the classification would actually take place. We signed up to go to Speech Path Services in Hainesport and we loved it. Trent loved it. That was the best feeling of all. Throughout the summer, we went twice a week and I saw his skills growing leaps and bounds. When the first day of K arrived, Trent was ready to enter into a regular education setting and simply would be pulled out for speech during the half days he attended. He doesn't have "artic" issues. He has trouble recalling words and verbalizing what he is thinking. Processing also poses a challenge for him. I am really proud of all he is accomplishing in Miss Gizelbach's room. He loves school.Cole thought the whole morning was neat. He still loves waiting for the bus with Trent and can very clearly say, "bus" as it comes around the corner. My mom and I took the morning off to see him get on the bus. It was the first time in my life I missed the opening of school. Lucky for me the day started later for the middle school, so I was able to still make my first period class of the day.
After the horrific bus accident in my school district, I was a mess about him riding. I scream cried went he got on the bus that morning. I was amused by the reactions of the other parents/grandparents waiting with us. One woman literally cheered and danced as the fourth and final child of hers got on the bus. Another grandmother comforted me by saying, " Aw, this is just the beginning of all the heartbreak." Gee, thanks. Trent jumped on the bus like it was something he did everyday. The bus driver actually had to stop him and say, " Wave to Mommy, Bud." I did feel better when I saw PTA moms on the bus helping out with seat belts. They. Must. Wear. Seat belts. I check. All. The. Time. Scary.
And so, my baby boy heads to the big time. I am left hoping he stays as innocent and sweet. I am praying he is able to make a great group of friends. I know he going to do so well.

